If there is one thing that I hated about Australia, it was the weather. One day it’s a scorching 42°C and the next day you are shivering at a maximum of 19°C. Moreover the weather played havoc with my normally easy to manage hair. Yeah my hair is dry and prone to frizz but ordinarily it’s quite manageable. However it went totally ballistic in Melbourne. Whether it was the heat or the humidity that played havoc I can’t say but I needed a good hair serum and heat protectant as I was flat ironing my hair almost daily.
It was in such desperate times that I picked up Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer from Mecca Cosmetics. I think there was some offer going on that time and I picked it up along with the shampoo and conditioner of the same range. In any case I don’t remember the price as it was almost 6 months ago. The Mecca website puts it at AUD 44 so let’s just go with that.
It is called “A mist of many wonders” and I couldn’t agree more. These are the details on the Bumble and Bumble website about it –
- “What: Infused with 6 feather light oils it helps soften, detangle, de-frizz, tame flyaways, ease styling and protect against breakage, heat-styling and UV damage.
- Who: Dry, coarse or brittle hair.
- When: On damp or dry hair before styling.
- How: Spray on damp or dry hair, comb through and style”
It’s a versatile product that comes with a spray nozzle and the product is directly sprayed on hair damp or dry. You can section the hair and spray it or if you are lazy like me,spray it all over and run a comb through the hair. However, a little goes a long way so please use it sparingly. I used it both on damp and dry hair and loved the results in both cases. It makes hair silky smooth and running a comb through it is a breeze. It is very light weight, hydrates hair well, tames flyaways, eliminates frizz and gives a nice shine. Add to that is the UV and heat protection factor. I have used it both pre styling and without any styling at all just in lieu of a hair serum with better result than a hair serum gives .It seems to give a slightly better result with the shampoo and conditioner of same family but works great with any other shampoo- conditioner as well.
Over all it’s a great product and highly recommended.
- Versatile – can be used on damp or dry hair. So if you want to style your hair a day or two after you shampooed it, it can be used pre styling on dry hair.
- Controls frizz and flyaways without weighing hair down – is very lightweight.
- Hydrates well.
- Heat and UV protection.
- Nice fragrance that lingers on. But some may not like it
- Expensive – At AUD 44 (i.e. INR 2200 approx.) it is quite expensive, quite in the league of Kerastase Elixir Ultime. However I found it better than the latter and if you are going to touch this league of hair care products, it’s worth the price and in fact better than may in this range. Besides a little goes a long way.
- Availability in India is a problem. Not sure if Sephora India keeps Bumble and Bumble products or if it is available on-line.